How to Roll Rugs for Shipping or Storage
If you’re consigning and shipping a rug to Nazmiyal Auctions, it’s important that you roll your rug up properly to avoid any damage to the rug in transit. Luckily, we’ve put together this handy step-by-step guide of how to roll rugs for your reference. To start, this gif shows all the steps in one process:
Next, we’ll break it down into individual steps.
Step by Step Instructions for Rolling Your Rug:
1. Lay the rug flat on the ground.
2. Grab the corners on one side, and fold them one third of the way in.
3. Do the same thing with the corners on the other side, so your rug is now trifolded.
4. Fold over one end of the rug about halfway.
5. Fold the other end of the rug over the first fold, so they are overlapped.
6. Fold over the end of the rug one more time.
7. Roll your carpet. Roll from the fold to the end.
And you’re done! Now your carpet is ready to store or ship.
Check out our instructional video if you need more help: